Join the York News-Times and work directly with local businesses in achieving their marketing goals!
This is a fun and exciting position that combines marketing and community connections. The York News-Times Account Executive is responsible for selling and servicing advertising customers. Duties include growing revenue from local retailers, increasing market share, garnering new business and developing active accounts. The Account Executive will handle new business development, create and present sales presentations to match clients’ goals as well as maintain long-term relationships by helping meet our customers’ long-term needs. The Account Executive is also responsible for the administrative procedures involved in scheduling advertising and for meeting all deadlines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform and execute all work practices in a safe manner. Constant safety awareness is mandatory for all employees.
2. Obtains individual revenue goals.
a. Responsible for selling and servicing assigned accounts through direct customer contacts with the decision maker.
b. Present planned advertising campaigns/proposals with objective of obtaining business.
c. Develop layout and design ideas in cooperation with the advertising creative services designer.
d. Research accounts and their industry to be aware of specific opportunities, competitive media and customer needs in advertising.
e. Submits advertising material to creative and/or digital departments to meet deadlines.
f. Prospect, develop, and cultivate new advertising accounts.
g. Sell special sections, promotions, campaigns and spec ads.
h. Organize own filing system for efficiency.
i. Process all paperwork and data entry in a neat and timely manner prior to or by deadline. Examples include insertion orders, credit applications, kill orders, keep account notes, contracts and proposals, corrected proofs.
3. Maintain a good relationship with accounts and co-workers.
a. Understand and implement all procedures for internal operations.
b. Obtain tearsheets, invoices, and statements for customer.
c. Correct billing errors and problems.
d. Assist credit department in order to keep account billing status correct.
e. Work cooperatively with creative and digital departments.
4. Assist in reaching budgeted departmental revenue goals.
5. Understand and implement all procedures for internal operations.
6. Attend sales training programs and departmental meetings and contribute constructively.
7. On-site, regular and reliable attendance is required.
8. Safely drive to and from various locations.