Title: CFO/Fiscal Director
Exempt Status: Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: CEO/Executive Director
Responsible for all fiscal operations, maintaining the fiscal integrity of the agency, implementing fiscal procedures and methods in accordance with sound business practices, and planning for the financial resources of the agency.
- · Develop methods, procedures, and practices consistent with good accounting principles to obtain necessary control of administrative goals.
- · Establish financial records and procedures appropriate to reporting needs of grantor agencies and operating programs.
- · Manage Fiscal Department.
- · Supervise and recommend for hire all accounting department personnel.
- · Prepare agency's governmental financial reports and records. Supervise preparation of financial reports to grantors.
- · Monitor contract fulfillment in all fiscal aspects.
- · Prepare fiscal material and reports as necessary for board and committee meetings.
- · Review actual expenditures against monthly and year-to-date budget and report major discrepancies to Executive Director.
- · Direct the computerized accounting function: organize and consolidate accounting procedures and controls.
- · Project cash flow.
- · Monitor delegate agencies in regard to fiscal management and reporting.
- · Supervise preparation of invoices, requisitions, and other claims to grantors.
- · Supervise preparation of regular monthly reports to coordinators and directors.
- · Attend staff conferences and meetings as necessary.
- · Responsible for establishing and maintaining property inventory.
- · Responsible for maintaining adequate insurance coverage.
- · Responsible for all tax payments.
- · Responsible for payment of all agency bills and maintenance of good credit rating.
- · Complete responsibility for all agency budgets.
- · Financial reports to Board, Executive Director, funding sources.
- · Financial statements to Board, Executive Director, funding sources.
- · Supervise and control all expenditures and disbursements.
- · Responsible for audited financial statements
Key Working Relationships
Internal: CEO/Executive Director, Human Resources Director, Contract/Compliance Manager, Coordinators, and Finance Committee-BOD
External: Various Funders, Auditors, Banks
- · Master's Degree, Accounting and Administration
- · Minimum of six (6) years of experience in accounting, minimum of two (2) years supervisory responsibility
- · Knowledge of fund accounting and grants management
- · Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- · Demonstrate knowledge of budget preparations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.