Title: CEO/ Executive Director
Grade: XIII Exempt Status: Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: Westchester Community Opportunity Program, Inc. Board of Directors.
Administratively and functionally responsible for all programs operated by the agency. Coordinate all programs and staff to achieve common objectives. Assist the Board of Directors in developing objectives, priorities and strategies for the agency as a whole.
- · Establish and maintain contact with other agencies and community programs to coordinate abilities and resources.
- · Assist the Board of Directors in setting objectives and priorities, determining strategies, and evaluating program goals and objectives.
- · Organize program and staff to accomplish the goals and objectives of the agency.
- · Supervise, coordinate and evaluate the activities of all program directors and coordinators.
- · Ascertain that proper records and systems for the management of the agency are developed and followed in order to meet the requirements for the funding sources and the policies set by the Board of Directors.
- · Interview all coordinators and program directors.
- · Hire all staff within guidelines of agency's human resources practices.
- · Terminate or participate in terminations of employees as necessary.
- · Participate in appeals of aggrieved staff members within guidelines of the agency's human resources practices.
- · Function as liaison to all fund grant agencies and non-local resources and organizations.
- · Ascertain that all facts needed for the agency board and agency committees and task forces to function effectively are provided.
- · Perform duties as chief staff spokesman,
- · Available for speaking engagements as necessary.
- · Conduct and participate in meetings as necessary.
- · Establish and maintain contracts with the public officials, social, educational and civic leaders, serve on boards and committees and participate in cooperative activities with other related groups to forward the concerns of the agency.
- · Coordinate the activities of consultants as necessary.
- · Ascertain through evaluation and consultation that all programs are functioning at optimum level to achieve goals as established.
- · Responsible for audited financial statements
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Chairperson, President- Board of Directors
External: Government Officials
Heads of other agencies
CAO/Com p I ian ce Officer Coordinators
- · Oversee all budget preparations and submissions
- · Report to Board of Directors monthly
- · Report to funding sources as necessary
A. Desirable level of formal education: Graduate degree in Law, Business,
Public Administration, Urban Affairs, or Social Work.
B. Total number of year's applicable experience to qualify: Minimum of six years' experience in responsible administrative position with supervision of professional personnel.
A. Special knowledge, training and skill requirements: Must have demonstrated executive ability plus experience in working with community groups. Excellent interpersonal skills essential.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.