Adjunct Instructor – Computer Science
Holy Cross College has an opening for an Adjunct Instructor of Computer Science.
Holy Cross College’s Mission: The Mission of Holy Cross College is to educate and form global citizens with the competence to see and the courage to act. Holy Cross is a Catholic college that advances the apostolic mission of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Our practical, experiential, liberal arts curriculum applies timeless truths to contemporary life and leads people to wholeness in the image of Christ.
Our hiring practices reflect this missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Purpose: Teach one section of CPSC 107 (3 credit hours) Introduction to Computer Applications over a period of the Spring 2021 semester. Introduction to Computer Applications is an introductory course to Microsoft Office 2019 software packages. Students will have modules in PowerPoint, Prezi, Publisher, Word, Excel and Access applications. At the end of the course, students will design a business website that integrates all of the software applications.
The class meets Monday and Wednesday 11:00 am to 12:15 pm
Course prerequisites: none.
Essential Job Duties:
- All administrators, faculty and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
- Teach one section of CPSC 107 for the Spring 2021 semester.
- Conduct office hours on campus (about one hour per week for every two credits being taught).
- Meet regularly with the department chair.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the faculty and employee handbook.
- Complete additional specific projects to be determined by the department chair.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned to meet the needs of the department and
Minimum Education, Skills and Ability:
- Master’s Degree in the appropriate subject area required.
- Previous teaching at the college level preferred.
- Positive work experience in a Catholic college environment preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a connection to the Holy Cross College mission to educate the whole person in mind, body and spirit.