The General Manager is the chief executive of the Elmira Water Board, appointed by and working at the pleasure of the Board, reporting to the elected Board of Commissioners. The General Manager is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and implementing all administrative and operational functions of the Elmira Water Board. The General Manager ensures the highest quality water supply meeting all standards and distributing this supply throughout the system.
This position manages the staff and various departments, from source water collection and pumping, through filtration/treatment and distribution. This includes the metering, billing, and collection functions, and all maintenance and other support personnel, including HR and financial functions.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership in the implementation of Board policies and the development of strategies, business plans, budgets, programs, procedures, long and short term operational plans.
- Ensure that all EWB assets are in working condition and meet all federal, state, and local standards and requirements.
- Provide evaluation and planning for replacement/upgrades/additions of EWB assets, including long term financial planning.
- Represents the EWB in interagency issues, with governmental/regulatory agencies, community organizations, the media, and the general public.
- Addressing escalated customer issues as necessary.
- Attend Board meetings, draft effective Board communications, makes policy, financial, operational, and other recommendations to the Board.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or finance, with 8 or more years of management experience, or a MBA in business/finance w/5 or more years of management experience, or PE in civil or mechanical engineering, with 8 or more years of management experience.
Experience: Demonstrated experience in water system management, with progressively responsible experience supervising personnel engaged in a major aspect of the operation.
Resume should reflect years/months of positions held, size of staff, budgets, and systems managed.
Respond no later than 1/31/2023
Click APPLY within to submit application and be considered today!